Ask Your Representative To #SupportHR1692
House Resolution 1692, the Sudan Peace, Security, and Accountability Act will create a new U.S. foreign policy towards Sudan. This important legislation will only become law if you begin communicating with your Representative’s office and urge them to become a cosponsor. Instead of just calling your Representative’s local office, we want you to go there in person. We’ve broken this down into a few easy steps:
- Print off the Personal Letter and Petition.
- Over the next two weeks, complete your personal letter and collect as many signatures as possible from your community on the petition.
- Drive to your Representative’s local office and drop off the petition and your personal letter with one of the staff members. Before you leave, make sure you get a business card from one of the staffer’s so that you can stay in touch over the coming weeks.
- Reach out to the staffer once a week until your Representative becomes a cosponsor. If you’re new to this, here are some basic guidelines to follow ->
- If you feel like you’re not making progress, reach out to our staff and we’ll help you decide what your next steps should be. Contact us here ->
Since launching the #SupportHR1692 Campaign, we have seen the following Representatives become cosponsors due to our amazing activists:
- Representative Ed Perlmutter
- Representative Bill Cassidy
- Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz
- Representative Frederica Wilson
- Representative Patrick Murphy
- Representative Richard Neal
- Representative Charles “Charlie” Rangel
- Representative Katherine Clark
- Representative Jerrold Nadler
- Representative Hakeem Jeffries
- Representative Emanuel Cleaver
- Representative Gene Green
- Representative Keith Ellison