For the past 4 years, we've worked hard to provide a medium for the Sudanese people to speak out. Our films and photography have done just that and helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for storytelling, education, and relief programs that directly support the Sudanese. I took the above photo earlier this year in Yida Refugee Camp during our 4th documentary film shoot. This film and our first photography exhibit will play an important role in bringing even more support to the Sudanese people.
One of the great joys of bringing stories from Sudan to the world is that it means the truth actually gets told. Virtually all of the news coming out of Sudan is extremely negative and ignores the hopes and aspirations of the people. Despite the deplorable human rights situation in Sudan, there are a growing number of Sudanese working towards a peace and just future for their country. And tomorrow you can support them.
Tomorrow is #GivingTuesday. On this special day, all transaction fees for online giving are waived and 100% of your gift goes towards the cause. This Giving Tuesday we are making it easier than ever before for you to stand up with our friends in Sudan!
1. Give Tomorrow. You can give online tomorrow to any of our programs to participate! If you'd like to learn more about some of our giving options and see how your funds will be used, we encourage you to check out our Holiday Season Giving Guide. LEARN MORE »
2. Invite Your Friends. You can invite your friends to sign up by joining the Facebook event page and using the Invite Friends feature! INVITE YOUR FRIENDS »
- 9AM CT, 10AM ET: Welcome To #GivingTuesday, Giving Options, & Goal Announcement
- 11AM CT, 12PM ET: OBS Film Team & Recruitment Director Discuss Recent Trip To Yida Refugee Camp & Fundraising Update
- 3PM CT, 4PM ET: OBS Executive Director & Recruitment Director Discuss Program Impact & Fundraising Update
- 7PM CT, 8PM ET: OBS Recruitment Director's Story & Final Live Fundraising Update
4. Be A Leader. If you really want to go above and beyond on #GivingTuesday, you can do so by starting a fundraising page and asking your friends and family to donate towards your goal on November 29. Starting your own page only takes a few minutes and you get to choose what you are fundraising for! GET STARTED »
About Operation Broken Silence
Tomorrow only, there are no transaction fees when you give online. Your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law.