Good People Good Beer is back for its 6th year on Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 8:00PM!
Don't forget, if you registered through the Free $200 Fundraising Challenge and haven't reached your goal by 8:00PM, you'll need to make a donation to your page to cover the rest.
If you've already paid for your tickets or reached your fundraising goal, the following is everything you need to know, all in one place.
The Theme & Dress Code
The theme for this year's Gala is 1920s Speakeasy. Not only was this a fascinating time in American history, but it also compliments our venue at the Propcellar beautifully, which features lots of amazing vintage props and antique furniture!
The Gala is a dress-up event! Here are some 1920s Speakeasy themed costumes we found on Pinterest. This will give you a good idea of what you need to wear to the Gala on June 16!
Here's a great little read on the types of things to wear as well. Dress to impress so you aren't left out! No shorts, flip-flops, or t-shirts. Dress to the theme!
What To Expect
Get ready to celebrate the Roaring Twenties! Here's what you can expect at the event:
- Tasting brews and pints that match the 1920s era. We'll also have a gluten-reduced beer and hard cider for those who need it.
- Dinner inspired by the era and provided by some of our favorite restaurants in Memphis, including The Gray Canary, The Arcade, Blind Bear, and more.
- Plenty to do at the Gala: Dancing, Adult Beer Pong, Cornhole, a mystery Whiskey/Wine/Beer Pull, and more!
Needless to say, this is not your average stuffy gala. There's plenty of fun to be had all evening!
What To Bring
This is a 21+ event, which means we have to check your I.D. when you arrive. That means you need to bring your valid driver's license!
Good People Good Beer is a cashless Gala (that means card only). Outside of tasting beer, dancing, and games, we have a number of other ways you can get involved throughout the night that are pay-to-play. From watching a short 2-minute film on Sudan to taking a chance on the mystery Whiskey/Wine/Beer Pull, every penny you give supports the Endure Primary School in Yida Refugee Camp, South Sudan. That means that when we swipe your card, you are empowering teachers and students!
And finally, the evening's speakeasy password is "Endure", which also happens to be the name of our primary school that the Gala benefits! You'll be asked at the door for it, so don't forget!
So, remember, bring a valid ID, debit or credit card, and the password "Endure" to get in the door!
Those are all the big details about the event you need to know! Here are some other little tidbits you may find interesting:
- The Hidden Beer: Tucked away in the Whiskey, Wine, & Beer Pull station at this year's Gala is a rare gem of a brew: The Royale Imperial Saison Du Buff by Stone Brewing in Berlin, Germany. A single 750ML bottle retails at a whopping $55.
- Snapchat: This is the first year the Gala will have a Snapchat filter! Simply pull up your app when you are in Propcellar to snap away.
- Photos: Event photos are free just like they are every year, but this year we are also adding in a Light Wall Photo Booth with a professional photographer. When you donate to our work in Sudan at this station, you'll get a stunning photo taken that will put your current profile pic to shame.
And finally, here are the beers you will be tasting this year!
About Operation Broken Silence
The people of Sudan are overcoming two of the greatest challenges facing humanity today: war and genocide. Operation Broken Silence is working to accelerate their ability to generate lasting change through storytelling and movement-building, education and emergency relief, and grassroots advocacy programs.
We're a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. DONATE HERE »